Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And so it begins...

Well, as per usual I'm behind schedule.  I planned my first post months ago, wrote a post days after leaving San Diego and still only managed to get something up a full month after embarking on my journey home.  Well, after all that planning, here goes:

Under the title of my blog, I've included a quote from Lorenzo deMedici: "Non fate guerra al maggio" which literally translates to "War not with May" or, as I prefer to say: "Don't go fighting Spring" (finger swirl, for added emphasis.)  This quote has meant many things to me over the years, especially now because, although I'm certainly not entering the Spring of my life, I am hopefully entering a new phase, and resistance would be foolhardy.  

During this next year while I try to reinvent myself from aimless wanderer to focused yoga teacher, I have decided to keep a blog in order to stay in touch with my family and friends spread all over the place (aka, you.)  But, don't worry!  You don't need to check in daily - I will post once a week on Sundays, figuring weekly installments should be easy for you and me both.

There is already a backlog of photographs and stories from my wonderful journey back to Texas with my mom, to football, nights out in Austin and a music festival.  For now, I've included an album (above right) with pics from my six years in California.  See you here again soon!

4 comments:

matt said...

awesome!

Missjenny619 said...

Dangit! My quest to be the first poster has been usurped by the 'blog king'.

I'm pouting.

Love u!!

Holly said...

It's unfair. It was actually I, who was the first to comment on the September posting. Drat!!! Anyhoo, WELCOME BETHY, to blogging land. We belong here like it or not I suppose. XOXOXOX

Sarah said...

Aww, Liz! I can't believe I have to read about the adventures you're having with not-me. =( But that aside - it's so cool that you finally got your blog started! I'm excited for you and can't wait to read more about your adventures!

xoxo
Sarah