Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hooray for music!


In my never ending quest to find bands that don't even exist yet, I somehow managed to find one that does.  Or at least a girl that does.  Her name's Duffy and she comes complete with her own rockin' back-up band.  Duffy hails from a new movement in British music that tends towards the bluesy, mo-town-y end of things (think, Amy Winehouse or Adele).  As luck would have it, my new house mate, Del (aka: Ebeth's new favorite person), arranged for me to attend her Austin City Limits taping with a friend this past Wednesday.  "What's so special about that?" you may be asking yourself.  Well, not only is ACL a musical institution, having attracted and recorded some of the biggest and best in the biz over the past 30-odd years, but you can't buy tickets to the intimate performances.  Attendance is on a first come and who do you know basis.  Oh!  And did I mention you get free BEER at the show?!  Well, ya do.  Yvonne and I had a fabulous, slightly buzzed time and we got out early enough to grab a pint with her friend, Chris, and my sis while basking in the sunset at Opal Divine's, one of my favorite pubs in Austin. 

This may not be the "best" picture from our late afternoon drinks, but its definitely my favorite.  This shot captures the mood - all happy and sun kissed - you can almost feel how perfect the evening was just by looking at their glowing faces.  Ahhh, Austin.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, and again wonderful...

Sarah said...

I was just listening to a Duffy song you gave me - and missing you! I think I'll call right now...